Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life. -3 Nephi 5:13

Tuesday, July 4, 2017

July 4, 2017 Happy Canada Day and God Bless America

Heyo!

What's up everybody!? How's it going? How am I doing? Oh thanks for asking, I'm doing well! I don't have much to share this week to be honest. It was a slow week. One of those weeks where you kind of just grind through. A lot of things didn't work our way but I'm beginning to really appreciate those days a lot more just because I have the knowledge now that it'll be better. 

We had interviews with Pres. and Sis. Shields the other day. It's always nice to see them. They are always nice and willing to help in anyway! They talked about home and the future which was really weird for me. Still doesn't feel real that I'm going home! We then went to a burrito place afterwards and I got the biggest burrito there and swear it was like 5 pounds and I finished it! I feel so accomplished. I honestly don't even know how I'm not fat. Elder Roundy sees how much I eat at each meal and just wonders how I'm not overweight and I don't have an answer for it. World's many mysteries. 

Canada Day was the other day! We didn't do much celebration but it was a pretty good day. I'm grateful for Canada, it's a great place! I'm grateful to be here on my mission! We went to the Dunning's house. He's an ex marine and a great guy who takes care of some little kiddos. He made us some pulled pork and some homemade ice cream. Strawberrely ice cream to be exact and it was delicious!

The other day there was this bump on a dirt road... well it was more like a ramp than a bump haha! And we were going pretty fast cough cough and we got some major air. "Like I probably got 3 feet of air that time."-Napolean Dynamite. It scared us to death but we landed it and nothing happened to the car whatsoever! Pheww! Then exactly a minute after that there was a porcupine in the road and I slammed on the breaks but couldn't make it in time and we just see the car go right over it. Didn't hit at all but it shot some of it's needles at the car! It was intense!

Well I can't think of anything else really! I love my mission very much! I try not to think about going home and taking my name tag off cause it brings tears to my eyes. Every time I see a video of missionaries walking down the street or something I get emotional thinking I only have a little bit of time left. I honestly have loved it so much, it's been more than what I ever expected it to be. It's been the hardest, funnest, funniest, happiest, saddest, frustrating, and most rewarding time of my life! 

"You only get one chance to serve a mission; it is your responsibility, your duty, to use it to its fullest; to give every last ounce of energy until you collapse in exhaustion at the end of it. All the hardships, all the tears, all the hard work will be looked back upon as the best thing you've ever done, not because you enjoyed it, not because you baptized everyone, but because you gave it everything you had, even when you didn't think you could, and especially when you didn't want to. Live you mission to your fullest, work harder than you've ever worked before. Let people know that this is the most important thing in the world to you... If you do not run until you have nothing left to give, and then keep on going anyway; cry and pray and work and sweat and plead until you are so drained that all you can do is turn to the Lord; if you don't do this, then these people will not come to this joy because of you -- their failure to come to Christ will be partially upon your head. Come out of your mission proud of what you've done, and this experience will bless the rest of your life." -Elder Jeffery R. Holland'

This quote has helped me so much on my mission. One of my favorites for sure! 

 And happy 4th of July! God bless America! My home and Native Land! I'm grateful for the freedom we have in America and for all of the people that have died for America and for me! God bless them and their families

Love you guys so much!!

Elder Beddes

"We Celebrated Canada by helping a family with the grass....it was fun...just us and the missionaries ...Just a little note...Monday it is a Holiday here in Canada..the boys are having PD on Tuesday..." -Sister Cepeda
 
 

"Hi..we took the boys to eat beaver tails...and later the come to my house to help us with the strawberries...they eat a lot ..I hope they don't get a belly pain .." Sis Cepeda
 
 
 
 From Sis Jones:


No comments:

Post a Comment