Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life. -3 Nephi 5:13

Tuesday, May 23, 2017

May 23, 2017 Pondering and Revelation

Hey Family and Friends!

My week was a fast and good one! Seems like I just talked to you guys over skype yesterday! I'm doing really well. Enjoying the mission a ton and sad that I only have a little time left. It's crazy to think that summer is almost here! It's getting really hot here. Me and Elder Roundy got pretty sunburned the other day from service at the Cepeda's. I'm pretty burnt haha I got called a tomato a lot at church! Hopefully I'll be able to be somewhat tan when I get home! But knowing my skin... i'll probably be more red! haha 

I think the highlight of the week was the lesson that we had with Steve (the rapper) and his girlfriend Sam. We taught them the full Restoration the other day and they absolutely loved it. Everything went exactly the way you would want it to go. Steve's mother called him and told him that Mormons were a cult and that he shouldn't be meeting with us. I honestly wasn't even surprised that someone told them those things and so they were pretty confused about what to believe. So we taught them and their concerns were resolved and they kept saying over and over again how it makes since and how we aren't a cult! haha they were so excited about it. It was honestly one of those lessons that go so smoothly and the spirit is so strong and you come out of the lesson on cloud 9! It was glorious. I'll remember that lesson for a long time. 

Did some more service this week. This is definitely the area where I've done the most service. It's funny how different each area can be.

I got to keep it short today since we have a lot planned! It was a holiday yesterday and that is why I couldn't email. Thank you for the emails you guys sent me.

I learned this week about pondering is so important in receiving revelation. If you think about it a lot of the visions or revelations that are received by prophets, they are pondering and thinking about what they are wanting an answer to. It's really interesting!!

I love you all!! Thank you for everything... and I will be seeing you soon!!

Forever and Always,

Elder Beddes  



 
 
 Service @ Cepeda's Farm
 
  
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment