Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life. -3 Nephi 5:13

Monday, May 15, 2017

May 15, 2017 "Not a Monastery for Perfect People"

Hey guys! First of all it was so good to see you guys over Skype on Mother's Day! It was a great surprise to have Grandma and Grandpa there as well! I had a great time and it was good to hear from all of you! It's really strange for missionaries to talk to their families after not hearing their voices for a long time. It was such a great idea Amber about the questions in the bowl! You always come up with great ideas!
This week was pretty good! It was a slower week sadly but we all have those as missionaries. We helped the Cepeda's a lot with service on the farm. It's always nice to help them, they feed a ton! They are one of the favorite families throughout all of Ontario, they are mission famous haha. 
Funny story... I was herding some sheep over at there farm with elder roundy and there is a ram that is pretty vicious and has a history of ramming people unexpectedly. So I thought I would give this ram some competition. So this ram sees me and ducks it's head and charges full force at me. I got pretty scared I'll be honest... but I faked left and spun the opposite way and ram went zooming by!! My basketball skills come in handy!! Then after that I got pretty scared and started sprinting the other way!! haha people said it looked pretty cool!! Elder Roundy wanted to give a try and do the same thing pretty much but he slipped and fell over and then Ali Cepeda came to the rescue and caught the ram at the perfect moment!!
More funny moments! We were having a stick war and so we were just chucking sticks at each other! haha yeah I know, the inner kid in me. I got Elder Roundy right in the face and I chucked it pretty hard! haha he was paying attention to the flies swarming around him! It was pretty funny! Then Elder Roundy has a light sabor and he wanted to practice his jedi moves. So, I was throwing rocks at him and he was doing pretty good! And then this one that he thought he had hit him straight in the forehead and he just dropped! haha he has a big goose bump now! haha it was pretty hilarious! I haven't laughed that hard in a long time!
It seemed like just plain bad luck this week with trying to see investigators and less actives and finding new. But I have a feeling it's going to be a good week this week! 
Me and Elder Roundy are getting along great! He's so much fun, one of my favorite companions for sure! We hope we stay together another transfer! Owensound is great! In the Boonies with a lot of older people! Lifes good! hahaha
I love you all! I love this quote a ton! 

Forever and Always,
Elder Beddes

"If you feel too spiritually maimed to come to the feast, please realize that the Church is not a monastery for perfect people, though all of us ought to be striving on the road to godliness. No, at least one aspect of the Church is more like a hospital or an aid station, provided for those who are ill and want to get well."






No comments:

Post a Comment