Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life. -3 Nephi 5:13

Monday, April 10, 2017

April 10, 2017 Strengthening My Testimony

What's up! This week was another week that flew by! There is so much to do, it's crazy. Especially as zone leaders it seems like you are always on the run! We had mission leadership training the other day. It was a good 7-8 hours... I got to see Elder Bybee!!! Man I love that guy so much. Serving with one of your best friends for 3 transfers is a good thing and a bad thing! So we caught up. Kingston seems to be doing alright! The zone changed a lot for him and a lot of his good friends got transferred out so it's been a weird adjustment. The members are doing amazing! I miss them a lot. Probably my favorite branch/ward I've been in. 
A couple of families are coming up for my birthday apparently! So that's really nice! The Hobbs and then the Wynes are coming as well! Landon my branch mission leader wants to take me out as well. It's going to be a celebrated birthday that's for sure. I'm blessed to have these people in my life. Such great friends that I can trust for the rest of my life. Zone Council was great! Elder Myers first time instructing. He did great. It's a big old zone! 11 companionship's! Biggest one i've been in my entire mission! Great missionaries! Some of my favorite missionaries in the zone are the Portuguese elders. They are so funny and real! I love it. They are great guys! 
We had stake conference as well! Great talks! Some of the YSA here talked and they did an amazing job. Some of the talks were about their missions and how much they loved it. I started to think about my homecoming talk and my setting apart which is no bueno cuase I started to tear up with sadness lol. Not going to try and do that again. haha 
So we had a miracle happen the other day. So I don't know if I told you this or not but a less active showed up to the church while we were having zone conference wanting to know where we were. Her name is Sophora. She is from the Congo. She was baptized in 2012 there and she has been In active ever since she moved to Canada. She is in school to be a nurse and she's just got really busy and caught up in school. She says that she is feeling really guilty lately and feels like she is missing something. So we met with her a couple of days ago finally and we had a super spiritual lesson. She is great! Taught her about repentance and faith! She was blown away. She thought she knew about it as best as she could but she learned a ton. She's one of the most spiritual people I've met. She wants to come to church every week now. She wants the be a missionary and she wants to go to the temple as well! So lots of Goals and I truly believe she can do them. She came to church for the first time in A LONG time the other day and absolutely loved it!! She's so awesome!  
One of the members here has a friend that he referred us too! So we went over to his house and we talked about the Gospel with him. Turned out he wants to be baptized and come to church! So whooo!! He's a good guy! Wants to change some stuff around in his life to be able to get to that point but he will be able to do it I think!! 
There is so much to talk about. And I wish I could give you every little detail but it's hard! haha I learned a lot about Joseph Smith. You'd be surprised how alike the prophet Mormon and Joseph Smith are.. I found a lot. Some are: Both saw God at the age 14. Both moved at the age of 11. They were both visited by angels. Mormon is the author of the Book of Mormon. JS is the finisher. They were both strong mighty men. Both assassinated by enemies of God. Gave their hearts to the Gospel. Both Captains of Armies. Much much more that I've found. Really neat stuff that just keep strengthening my testimony of the divinity of the Book. Learned a lot about the Atonement as well. It's one of my favorite things to learn about. Jesus didn't just perform the atonement to make it possible for us to be forgiven of ours sins and make the Resurrection possible but I've found that another big part of it is that He made it possible for us to obtain divine powers and gifts. It's really neat! Glory be to the king of kings. MY LORD!
Love, 
Elder Beddes  


And Shawarma haha it's super good!

 Apartment cleaning check ups! haha

London/Kitchener Conference


No comments:

Post a Comment