Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life. -3 Nephi 5:13

Monday, February 6, 2017

Feb 6, 2017 Letter From Brooke

This is what Brookie sent me! Isn't that so nice? 


"Colten, when you're going about trying to talk to people, and people refuse you, what's something that you see in common with all those people? Do you see that there all stubborn and unhappy? For me Colten, there's a difference between "depressed" and "unhappy". Colten sometimes I get unhappy because I've had certain trials in my life that have brought me down, but there's something that I've realized through all my trials, that I've always had a hard time thinking about and actually believing but while I read a scripture in 1 Corinthians 10:13 There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.
This scripture Colten, has helped me so much. And I'll be honest, for me whenever I hear somebody say "oh this scripture has changed my life" I always find it cheesy and unbelievable, but reading through my patriarchal blessing it said something about how reading my scriptures will give me the joy and happiness that I need. And this scripture is telling me that even though I've had some pretty tough trials that have brought me down, that I can handle the trials and that God gives us these trials for a reason, although hard to see right now but I'll see it in the future. Colten I just wanted to share this scripture with you because I feel that this is a scripture that can apply to so many lives and even "change someone's life" and you know it's hard to see that it will from this perspective, but coming from someone that truly needed this scripture and was almost kind of mad at God because of the trials that he's given me. You know that God gives us trials so that he can test our faith in him, and I've discovered that God may give his toughest trials to those he think really need it and because he knows that this trial will show them that relying in God in all things is what you need to do. And reading through all your Emails and reading through the investigators that you've taught has shown that a person that has strayed away from God can come back to God, and those who do, realize that the choice that they've made is truly the right one.
Colten I really do think what you are doing is truly inspiring and I've seen missionaries change lives and you know growing up in Mississippi i remember dad always driving around the missionaries and always going with them to do blessings, I always thought that missionaries were just the coolest guys and whenever I see one walking around, I always think of you and how you are taking the place being a missionary, you know the people that I've always looked up to, and I really am not just saying this, but you really are inspiring! And I think that you are the coolest brother ever ;) and it's amazing that you are serving a mission, you know the thing that you've been working your way up to your whole life and i remember even as a kid you saying that you are going to go on a mission! I know you and other missionaries out there are changing lives out there and you guys are miracle workers
Love ya coltey boy, coco, coco jo":

-Brooke

No comments:

Post a Comment