Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life. -3 Nephi 5:13

Monday, January 30, 2017

January 30, 2017 Straight Outta Kingston- I'm Staying!

This week was a pretty good one. Good news and bad news, but hey that's what makes the week adventurous! Me and Elder Bybee are staying another transfer together!!!! When we received our transfer call that we were staying we like jumped up off of our seats and then starting high fiving as hard as we could over and over again. We were so excited! We are getting 4 new missionaries in the zone so i'm excited to meet them! We are seeing Elder Vargus leave the zone, he's one of my favorite missionaries, and he's going to Toronto for his last transfer. I'm going to miss that guy so much. 
I was mean to Ebe last night. I lied to him over the phone that I was getting transfered which he didn't want to happen at all! We saw him like everyday last week because he didn't want us to get transferred and wanted to spend as much time with us! haha and so when I told him that I was getting transferred there was a lot of silence. He didn't know what to say. It sounded like he was going to cry and at the very end I told him I was just kidding and he hung up! lol So we called him back and he said to never do that again! haha He was pretty pumped that we got to stay another 6 weeks! I love that guy so much! 
We had another in detail discussion with him the other day in the car about the gospel... he's got so much intent. He's been doing a ton of studying of the church and it became a reality to him that we were leaving and so he was really diving deep this past week! After the discussion we had with him, after he had gotten out of the car, I just started balling. Elder Bybee probably thought I was huge baby haha but it was so hard to for me to listen to his concerns about the church. You can tell in his voice that he really wants to know the truth but because of his upbringing in different beliefs it's extremely hard for him... and for me to step into his shoes and the amount of love that I have for him, it was extremely hard for me. I don't think I have ever had so much love for someone on my mission. We are best friends and I just want him to get it and to accept it but it's just very confusing to him right now. But he's trying!
We gave talks yesterday in church. I gave a talk on The Book of Mormon and Elder Bybee talked on Joseph Smith! I accidentally talked for 25 min. and Elder Bybee only had 10... hahaha my bad! They were good talks though, it was really good for our inv. Ebe and Andrew!
Shirley dropped us... quite unexpectedly. She said that she didn't want to join because there was to much to handle. After we had just had the most awesome lesson with her. She started referring to the church as her church... I don't really want to talk about it to much haha but things like that happen and it's ok! That's life! 
Sorry it's kind of short but know that I love you guys with all of my heart! I love the mission so much and I love kingston!! So many miracles have happened! Many people are coming to church! I'm lovin life! 
Love
Elder Beddes       







No comments:

Post a Comment