Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life. -3 Nephi 5:13

Monday, January 23, 2017

January 23, 2017 Disgusting Seafood Soup

Hey hey hey it's Fat Albert! It's been another great week here in kingstown. So many great things happened this week! I swear that I say that every week but this one is more so. haha first off Ebe is sweet. I love that guy, I never thought I would make such a great friend on my mission. He read Alma 32 and loved it. He's really mad that we could be getting transferred next week so he wants to do something every day of the week haha! We hit our record for lessons taught in the week! And also Investigators at church! Shirley and her son came to church! (She was a media referral) Had a lesson with her after church and she says that that was the best church she's been too ever. She refers to it as her church now! haha she wants to join as well! Pumped for it!! Andrew who we found contacting at the university came out too! It was the first time in like 10 years that he had been to church! He said it was a ton better than the churches he went to in the past. He wants to go every week now!! Pumped for it!!! Man that's music to my ears! I think that he is figuring it all out! He lost his connection with God after he had stopped going to the point where he didn't even believe. I think it's coming back to him though! I mean... he says he wants to come every week and wants to meet with us more often! 
Let's see here... 
we are volunteering at a soup kitchen. Me and Elder Bybee cut bacon for 2 hours.... that was sweet! Our hands smelt like bacon for two days. It's been good though, the volunteers have been asking questions about the church and what we do. It's good to get the name out there too. Got some new awesome branch missionaries that are wanting to help us! That's fantastic for us! The branch loves us now haha! They fed us everyday for the past like 2 weeks, and the people that didn't like us, now do!! YES!! Lovin this!!! Elder Bybee is getting better at basketball(still a rookie, don't tell him a said that ;)).
It's pretty cold here. Warmer than last winter though! 
The other day we were fed the most disgusting dinner. I was grateful for their willingness to have us over and to feed us but they made some type of sea food soup with like tofu, three different types of fish, some like gushy noodles that looked like throw up.... I was strugglin to eat this. Like it was bad. Elder Bybee was trying so hard to hide his laugh while I was trying to hide my gagging noises. lol ohh man never again please. I wanted to cry on the spot. 
We taught Elders Quorum literally last minute because the teacher was sick. We studied to talk about 20 min before we taught. It was President Uchtdorf's talk about The great plan of our God. Such a good talk. What I learned from it is that something we take the Gospel for granted. We are so blessed to have the fullness of the Gospel here and we don't realize the blessings that could be bestowed upon us because of it. I regret I was like this before my mission not being more grateful for what I had regarding the Gospel of Jesus Christ. We are so blessed. Blessings on Blessings on Blessings. 
Love you all,
Elder Beddes, Coco, Uncle Drew    


Laundry day!


Elder Paul...he's home right now. :(


No comments:

Post a Comment