Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life. -3 Nephi 5:13

Thursday, December 29, 2016

December 27, 2016 Diesel

Wow what an amazing week! One of the most spiritual and fun weeks on my mission so far! My favourite days were definitely Christmas and Christmas eve. I don't know why but me and Elder Bybee were  having a hard time believing that Christmas was coming up. And we had some negative experiences happen in the Branch and it was kind of getting us down. It wasn't until Christmas eve when a family in the branch invited us over and  gave us dinner and played games with us and surprised us with gifts. She had contacted me and Elder By bee's moms and asked if she could make our Christmas better and so my mom sent my favourite brownie recipe to her and she made them for me! I just started to tear up when they surprised us with the gifts and the brownies. It was such a spiritual experience for me! That family is the best, the mother had given me a book that she felt like giving me and it's amazing! I felt so special haha! And then we got some surprise gifts from other members in the branch. And then I got some amazing gifts from my family!! People were so kind to us during Christmas. We had like 3 dinners on Christmas! Haha the Harvey's made the best and biggest meal ever. They are so kind! They say hi by the way!! They have a missionary out on a mission right now in Mexico! 
I appreciate all of the thoughts, letters, and prayers people have given me during this Christmas season it means a ton! I was thinking a lot about family and friends and how grateful and blessed I am to have all of you guys supporting what I am doing! The service at church on Sunday was spectacular! Lots of musical numbers that touched me deeply about the Savior. I'm grateful for him and all that he has done for all of us. I can't believe that that was my last Christmas on my mission. The time is going by to fast. It really is. I can't believe it. 
Played some basketball with my favorite inv. Ebe. I didn't think I would make a best friend teaching the Gospel haha but I was proven wrong. Me and him are so tight and we have so much in common. He just needs to get baptised!!!
We have another solid inv. She is a media referral who requested a Book of Mormon. She's so solid, and I can't wait to start teaching her! She's going to get baptised for sure!!
My momma wants me to share an embarrassing moment I had on my mission... and I'll try and share it as simply as possible. Mom you can elaborate on it if you would like. But our car was really low on gas and so we pulled up to a gas station and I pulled the pump out and put into the slot and it wouldn't fit. But I was still able to put the liquid in the tank some how... so we started driving and then the car started stuttering and then it shut down. So we were in the car for about an hour trying to seek help in the freezing cold. Finally we were able to put it in the shop and it turned out that I had put diesel in the car.... lol and the next time one of my missionary friends had me share my experience with 50+ missionaries and our mission president and other church leaders and they all were laughing at me because of my mishap lol. And now... my nickname throughout the mission is Diesel hahha but it's all good though. It was just funny to see the mission president and his wife and a bunch of missionaries laugh at me and make fun of me and in a sarcastic way in front of everybody. Now I know there are a ton of ways that you can relate this to the gospel and I will leave it up to all of you guys but I was thinking that you need to take a step back and check/think twice before you do something stupid and think of the impact it could have on your life and others.
I'm grateful for everything that I have including the struggles and weaknesses because I couldn't progress and become a stronger person because of them. I'm grateful and know that the Savior lives and you would be surprised of how much the Savior knows you and how close he is to all of you. Throughout the Bible and the Book of Mormon there are many scriptures that talk about how the Savior's arms are always outstretched despite the stupid things we could be doing and the dumb choices we make. He doesn't give up, and neither should we. Don't lose hope! You keep going! Remember who you are and why you are here! Go out of your way and do something kind for someone! Make the most out of this holiday season! I love you and am forever grateful for all of you!! 
Forever and Always,
Elder Beddes, Diesel, Coco :)  


Best gift I got for Christmas hahhaa

 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment