Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life. -3 Nephi 5:13

Tuesday, August 2, 2016

August 2, 2016 Turn To Him

It sounds like the Beddes family reunion was a good one!! Like always! I wish I could have been there, I honestly love those so much! That video was hilarious!!! It seems like yesterday when I broke the ramp for the swing! Man I think about that every once in awhile! haha I remember when the whole thing was falling over and it looked like it was going to destroy me but it didn't and then Aaron running over towards me like he was superman! It was legit. I will never forget it! I didn't know Grandpa Beddes liked Ping Pong! I want to play him now! Well this week was a week to remember! Lot's of memories and experiences! Apparently i've been teaching the discussions in my sleep a lot! #consecratedmissionary! Speaking of sleep, we pulled a prank on the zone leaders the other night. Elder Hernandez has this blue tooth speaker and he is able to record sounds on his ipod! And so we made these creepy sounds like banging on a door, whispering, yelling, crying, talking, and so on. And we put it in a dresser in the hallway and closed our bedroom door. And so we are in our beds and elder hz starts playing the sounds. And I start acting scared and saying "man what was that." stuff like that, just freaking them out!! lol and so they wanted to go check the whole house. They found nothing hahah and so we went back to bed. And he played some of the sounds again, I was acting like I was going to start crying, and it just made them more freaked out and we all ended up being in a corner in our room! hahahaha it got to the point where one of the elders wanted to get in the car and drive to a different elders apartment to spend the night! hahah and so we stopped it and they were soooooo relieved! One of the funniest experiences of my life. They said they have never been so scared in their lives! Hopefully they don't get us back! lol So we pretty much biked this whole last week.... my legs are like Michael Jordans now. I'll show you some videos just to prove it. But seriously my legs are so sore, it's a good work out. It's not until you ride a bike up hill when you fully appreciate how blessed you are to have a car! hahah you could relate that to the Gospel too if you think about it! ;) We biked so much this past week and we were still able to hit our record for member present lessons and investigators other lessons! So blessings being poured upon us! The people we are working with are awesome! Miracle of the week: Jamie is going home! His health is getting a lot better, and the doctors thought for sure that he was dying in the hospital but I guess not! But he says that he's going to stop smoking and he's coming to church this sunday! I love this guy so much! He's not afraid to tell everybody too that he has Mormon friends and that he's going to join the mormon church! hahah it's pretty funny, he's a funny guy! We spend a lot of time at the hospital surprisingly. We found a lot of investigators there just talking to people! Have some less actives there as well, so it's a great place to teach! We had some patient come up to us in the hospital hall way, she thinking we were cops, started to say sorry and stuff for pulling some alarm the other day! She thought we were going to arrest her or something, she was so scared! So with my cop voice I said," No need to worry Mam, everything is under control." hahaha it was awesome, she was freaking out, but once she realized everything is alright she calmed down! MCKENNA AND CHRIS PASSED THEIR BAPTISMAL INTERVIEWS WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO I excited about that!!! They are amazing, and they are going to be baptized this Saturday! so I will take lots of pics and send them to you!!! We went Manatullin Island branch last Sunday and gave a 30 minute talk about The Plan of Salvation! My favorite thing to talk about! It was awesome, I love the branch there. They are so strong in the faith, and their testimonies strengthen mine! They have some great referells for us too, so i'm excited to meet them!! I don't remember if I talked about Tiffany and her family of six last time but they are awesome! Tiffany's son who is 17 is awesome and wants to baptized! He loves basketball so we often go play outside of his house and then teach him the lessons. My type of missionary work! lol he's very knowledgeable about the gospel already!! He's very golden, we invited him to be baptized after we taught him the Restoration and he says that he wants to but he has to get permission from Tiffany, so we hope all will be well! Other than that the week was the usual. Met lots of drunks and people that were high. Taught great lessons. The spirit is felt all of the time! Working a ton, and having fun at the same time!  I love this quote! 

Inline image 1    

Don't give up! Don't lose hope! Turning to Him may seem easy or it may seem hard, but it is worth it. I promise you that. HOORAH HOORAH HOORAH FOR ISRAEL!!!!!!!!
Love Forever and Always,
Elder Beddes, Coco, Uncle Drew, Jojonator

Hi Lele! I'm getting beat up just like you used to do to me when we fight!!! (See picture) I love you and miss you! I love you all and I'm thinking of you constantly! XOXOXO


Dear Colten, How how you doing in Canada? Do you eat dinner a lot with people? I lost 6 teeth. I hope you're having fun! Do you play basketball a lot? When you get home can we play hide and go seek, wrestle, and fox and the hound? I have a new movie called the Pagemaster. It's about books coming to life. Be a good missionary! Love, Maleah




 



Manitoulin Island







No comments:

Post a Comment