Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life. -3 Nephi 5:13

Monday, July 25, 2016

July 25, 2016 He is Willing to Help Us and Bless Us

Well well well!!! Those pictures are awesome! Looks like you guys had a ton of fun! I did get the message from Maleah, it was super cute! Melissa was in tears lol! That temple picture is beautiful! Man I can't believe that they got in a fight on the bus! That's crazy!! Man I wish I could have been there with you on your mission experiencing what you were experiencing! I tell people all of the time that you went to Thailand on your mission and people are in aww about it, it's pretty funny! I've been learning a ton let me tell you! Being district leader you learn a lot, it's a different perspective any away. Not only are you thinking and caring about the people you are working with but now you are thinking about the missionaries in the district and how you can help them with their work! It's pretty fun, can be pretty stressful at times! This week was a slower week sadly, we still taught a lot of investigator lessons which is good but didn't find any new! :( People weren't as receptive as we would have liked but that's ok! We still met a lot of nice people who we planted a ton of seeds with! We have been working pretty hard, it's a really nice feeling to know that you tried your best! Something I made up the other day that others liked: "If you don't smell like cigarette smoke or marijuana at the end of the day you didn't work hard enough. If you didn't get cussed at or shown the finger you didn't talk to enough people! And if you don't go to bed exhausted then you need to work harder!" We did go to 2 weddings the other day! It was pretty fun. My favorite one with Chris and Melissa's! They are so awesome, they are like family! I have grown such a strong relationship with them! They are getting excited for baptism! They have interviews this week!!!! Soooo pumped! Had my first district meeting the other day! It was really good, pretty weird doing it over skype but it was good. Lots of participation, i have the best district in the mission! We talked about Revelation through prayer! I shared the experience of momma praying right before hurricane Katrina hit. Such a sacred story I hold dear to my heart. It touched everybody, i don't share it often! But I loved hearing other people's experiences about prayer. And I detoured the discussion to how investigators can and will have experiences like those we have, but first we need to do our part in teaching the doctrine as simply as possible so that they understand! Jamie (Hells angel) is dying. He loves visits from us in the hospital. The doctor said that he will stay in the hospital until he dies.. which is really sad. Jamie said that we are some of the few of his only good and true friends. I was honored. Well count your many blessings name them one by one!! My testimony has been growing and growing as I experience the good and the harsh times as a missionary! It's wonderful. I think about the missionaries all across the world and how they are doing and how their missions are different from other missions and how they are learning different things! The mission is amazing, it blesses you, family, and your friends. The other day I found a Bugatti suit that I had to get.. yes I know mom i'm sorry! lol it's the last one I promise!!! But.... when I returned home and checked the pockets and I found $185! I was moved... the first thing I did was drop to my knees and said a prayer. It's amazing the blessings that you can receive. I'm not saying that you will receive money from out of nowhere because money really doesn't even matter, it's a material thing, but what I am saying is that God loves us so much and he is willing to help us and bless us in our everyday lives. We just need to continue to be thankful and faithful! I love you guys so much and I hope you all have a great week! xoxo
Forever and Always,
Elder Beddes, Coco       







 Jamie at the hospital.


 Chris and Melissa's marriage.






No comments:

Post a Comment