Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life. -3 Nephi 5:13

Monday, June 27, 2016

June 27, 2016 Remember Who You Are and What You Stand For

Happy Happy Birthday to LeLe!!!!!!! I love you so much sweet girl you are getting so big! I wish I could have been there to celebrate it with you. You are so kind and loving. Everybody loves you and the person that you are! You are tough, loving, kind, nice, friendly, cute, full of charity, sweet, and all in all such a good sister/best friend!! Hope you had a good birthday!!! I'm glad you guys came back from Thailand safely and had a good time even though you didn't get a lot of free time! That's amazing how you found that guy! Hopefully he went to church! Nice job Amber for making the team and it sounds like you are having a good time and keep up the hard work, it'll pay off. Brooke nice job on getting the new job, hopefully you are getting in the swing of things now and you know how to make every drink ever thought of! This week was a slower week sadly but there were miracles happening and there will always be miracles happening in the Lord's work! Zone conference was amazing! I received a ton of revelation from it on how i can improve, and also how I can help the area improve. We also did a lot of practicing teaching. We call it role plays. We focused on teaching the restoration as simply as possible to people because it can seem really new to people! President gave a lot of cool and interesting tips. Some of which are Don't be afraid to be poor. Poor is good if you are working up to something and you have goals to achieve higher. Don't buy new things. haha and he talked a lot about marriage which shocked everybody but it was his farewell talk because he is leaving in a couple of days and he wanted to give us a couple of tips. I try not to think about it to much because I still feel like i'm 14! haha anyway.... got to see some old missionary friends. 3 zones went to it so it was pretty fun. Saw a couple of people from my junior high which was awesome!! We had some good lessons with Mckenna and Chris! They are excited for baptism in August. Taught them about the importance of CPR (church, prayer, read)! Brother Babin came along and bore powerful testimony of the importance of the church, it was amazing! Curtis is still solid as ever but is very hesitant and nervous when it comes to new things. He didn't want to come to church and we tried as hard as we could to have him come out but he feels like he needs to wait a little bit before he goes to church. We have told him literally everything about church what to expect but he still is scared. He said that he will come in the near future, and so I hope it's this week! Valerie (his mom) didn't want to join the lesson. :'( Hopefully she will continue to read the Book of Mormon and want to take the discussions with the missionaries again. Curtis is doing really well though we had a good lesson with him about faith and confidence! We found a Less active that elder h was working with in the beginning of him being sudbury. He had moved unexpectedly to some place in sudbury and we didn't have information so we couldn't get a hold of him and we didn't have his address! But we found him chillin outside of a store and so we got his info and we went the next day to go see him and we had a great lesson. he still knows the church is true and wants to come out to church! We had an unexpected person come to church yesterday! hahah it was pretty funny because during sacrament i was praying to have some more investigators make it out to church and as soon as I opened my eyes I saw "Cyan Pepper" walk in in shorts and a t shirt! He was the guy that was shirtless that we were playing basketball with a couple of weeks ago! He just decided to show up and stayed for all three hours!! It was sweet and now he wants to learn more! It's so exciting to see! Jose and his family are moving to Quebec City sadly so we said good bye to them the other day and they said that they will get a hold of the missionaries there and hopefully they will get baptized soon!! Another thing happened that was really cool to see! An old friend emailed me from EFY! And she was asking for advice about going on a mission because she didn't know whether or not she should go on one and so I sent her an email and this is what she said. "And then funny enough last Monday I woke up and read your email to me and your email didn't say anything special or anything but reading your email is what struck the spirit for me! After I read and opened your email that morning I was overcome with the spirit to the point where that's all I could think about ha :) so I told my parents about it that night and as soon as I said it out loud I knew for a fact it was what was right! And ever since I've just had this burning desire to go and haven't looked back haha! So that's kind of how it all came to be! So thank you for your example and goodness in my life! There's no doubt in my mind that you popped into my head to find your email and write you 2 weeks ago :) who would of thought! The lord works In such mysterious ways! But I couldn't be more excited and happy to go now!" So she sent her mission papers last week and she is excited to receive it soon! It really just testified to me how much of an impact you could have on people and you may not even know. The seeds that you plant in people could have such an impact on them. So always remember who you are and what you stand for because you never know who is watching and who's life you could touch! I've also seen how much going on a mission can bless you! Physically, mentally, and spiritually!! Now you guys may think this is funny but I find it miraculous and quite the blessing! Sooo as you may know I love going thrift shopping it's in my blood (thank dad;0) and so i've found some good ties lately!! A hugo boss suit that fits me! The best Jordans i've ever found at a thrift store. and we've been getting fed a ton and we have a lot of food in the fridge! lol Spiritually, i've been getting a ton better with teaching simply! My testimony has never been stronger! Mentally, I've been thinking about the people a ton more and how we can help them, they actually can't get out my mind! The work has been on fire lately and we a couple of baptisms coming up!! haha it truly is amazing to see! Well I gotta go guys! I love you all and thank you so much for the letters and the emails!! I wish I had 6 hours to email so that I can to email you all and write you all a lengthy email expressing how much I care and love you because I truly do! The church is true, couldn't say enough! ;)
Love,
Coco, Elder Beddes


Zone Conference!





Elder Herbert


No comments:

Post a Comment