Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life. -3 Nephi 5:13

Monday, June 20, 2016

June 20, 2016 It's The Still Small Voice That Strikes the Heart

Sounds like you guys are having fun and also working really hard! I loved the pictures so much! And that whole situation is sweet! Holy cow that would be so awesome! Do you think about your mission a lot when you are there dad? It's weird to see missionaries right next to you guys! haha How long will you guys be there for? Eating lots of good fruit? I love reading the journal entries that you send me, they are pretty funny! I can't believe you got called to go serve in your old area again! It would be funny if I got called to serve in stoney creek or georgetown again! OH by the way I just got a package today from you guys!!! thanks so much!!! I really enjoyed it, the pictures as well! The other elders looked at the pictures before I even did! lol they were pumped! Thanks for the journal as well, I needed that and the candies! Well this week was amazing first off! By far the busiest and fastest week ever! Seems like yesterday I was just writing last weeks email! We hit our record for lessons taught! 26! haha we were so excited about that! Many miracles happened this week I wish I could describe in great detail each of them! I'll try my best! So I talked a little bit about Curtis who was searching on Lds.org and thought that everything we believed it was true! We met with him and his mom Valerie! We taught them the Restoration and they loved it! Brother Walsh was there with us as well, and he is the perfect fellowship for them! They get a long very well, and he participated in the lesson very well which makes all of the difference! They have read most of 1 Nephi already! We set a baptismal date for them on July 3rd! Valerie wants to study it out more which is good but Curtis is a lot more prepared! It was cuttin it close though cause July 4th is the end of the transfer. But... they didn't end up going to church yesterday which is quite sad. I don't know if you guys know this or not but investigators have to come to church 3 times and also be taught all of the lessons, repented and be interviewed to be baptized! What were the qualifications for investigators back when you went on a mission dad? Soo they sadly aren't going to baptized July 3rd, but they are going to be baptized soon that's for sure. These guys are the most prepared people I've met on the mission, even Valerie! We taught them part of the plan of salvation and also the gospel of Jesus Christ! They are very nervous people though. Curtis has anxiety problems is what he said he hates the unknown. So we gave them a chapel tour with bro Walsh last Saturday and they really liked it, and it eased their nerves a bit! So i'm very excited to continue to teach these guys and help them towards baptism! Curtis is very smart, I totally envisioned him being an apostle! lol They are super awesome! I already love them and care about dearly and wish I could just teach them everything in one day. Next.... let's see, we met with kelly who is a native who has had some struggles in his life but has put his trust in God. When we went over unexpected he was watching Jesus Christ bible videos so that was way cool! He has a very big desire to be baptized and to go to church and to change his life along with his families! We had a wonderful lesson with him about the Plan of Salvation. It's one of my favorite lessons to teach and to testify of! We met a new less active who let us right in when we knocked on her door! Sister Brett is amazing! We had a great conversation about the Gospel. She believes in the church still but has some doctrinal concerns that need to be resolved but other than that she is solid! She hasn't come to church 21 years!!!!!!! And she said that she really wanted to make it out yesterday but she didn't know whether or not she was going to make it and she ended up not making it sadly. But you could tell that she really wanted to make it out so hopefully she will make it to church next week! But that was really cool to see, especially after 21 years! So we are excited to work with her! Chris and Mckenna are doing really well! They like feeding us every week and we have family home evenings on mondays! They are solid, and they are getting excited for baptism! And Chris and Melissa's marriage is coming up as well! Met with two Chinese people the other day for dinner at a members house. They don't have any knowledge of God or Jesus Christ at all, so it was very interesting to teach them. We talked about the God head and also prayer. They sadly didn't a lot of desire to learn more but it was a really cool experience to actually teach people like that and to plant seeds! And hopefully something will come of it! Went on exchanges with Elder Tuahivaatetonohiti. Try and pronounce that. ;) He's a very cool guy, I love him! He's so funny! he's from Tahiti, i had a lot of fun with him serving in his area! Oh i don't think I told you guys or not but me and Elder H are going to stay together the rest of the transfer! Sooo we are excited about that! I went to Manitoulin Island branch yesterday! It was actually a pretty good turn out even though have the people there were from the Sudbury Ward. It was pretty interesting to see such a small congregation but the members that are awesome and very strong in testimony! I love them to death! It was a lot of fun! I'm excited to see President Clayton one last time this Thursday before he leaves for Utah! He's an amazing man and I'm going to miss him! This week I really learned a lot about the spirit of God! There was something that really stuck out to me that a member said in a lesson about the spirit. He talked about a really nice pie that is best in the country and you take a little piece and you try it. You don't have to eat the whole pie just to see if it's good or not. You can tell by the piece that you ate if it's good or not. Same applies to the Spirit. You don't need to know everything about the Gospel to find out if it's good or true or not! It's the still small voice that strikes the heart and the mind that you can tell whether these things are true! I love you guys so much and I hope everything is alright with everyone! 
Forever and Always,
Elder Beddes, Coco


 A hoarders house!






Tracting while singing and playing guitar! 


Exchanges with Elder T! 

No comments:

Post a Comment