Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life. -3 Nephi 5:13

Saturday, May 7, 2016

May 8, 2016 Happy Mother's Day! (Handwritten)

Dear Momma,

There is so much to say about you, Momma and so much to be grateful for. There is so much I've learned from you! From learning how to pee in the toilet to learning how to truly help someone in need. You are a part of me, and I a part of you. I can feel your thoughts and your prayers each day and it is a motivator for me to keep pressing forward despite the harshness of the world. I've been well prepared to take a big leap into the real world because of the love, patience, and selfless attitude of yours. When I feel like I'm being cornered, I can always count on you being there waiting and wanting to do all that you can to help me. It was your hand that perfectly fit  in mine as a child that would make me feel safe and loved. It was your prayer that I felt safe and watched over during the Hurricane that hit Mississippi. It was you that put your arm around me and would scratch my back as I wept over the start of my 8th gd year. It was you that would drive me to the temple and would talk to me about its significance as we sat in its parking lot. It was you that I would count on greeting me every morning before school and would tell me you loved me. Ant it was you that whispered into my ear as we said good-bye before I walked into the MTC, "I'm so proud of you! You are going to do great things!" Memories such as these I will never forget. You have been here for me every step of the way! On this Mother's Day and every Mother's Day in the past I always thing of the Primary song "Mother, I love you" I love the words that are contained in this song. "Mother, I love you, Mother I do, Father in Heaven has sent me to you. When I am near you, I love to hear you singing so softly that you love me too. Mother, I love you; I love you , I do" Words can't adequately describe the amount of love and care I have for you. You are my best friend Momma! And you always will be. Forever and Always, Colten

No comments:

Post a Comment