Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life. -3 Nephi 5:13

Saturday, May 21, 2016

May 21, 2016 Wrestling Before God

Hey guys! Soooo first I think I should start with transfer news! drum roll please...................... I'm staying and well since Elder Herbert has been here for 8 months you can pretty much assume that he's leaving!! But he's not.... he's staying another one with me here Sudbury!!! We were all really surprised and it's really unheard of that you stay this long in an area but there is unfinished business that needs to be done here! Baptisms!! We really do think that we will have two for sure but hopefully 5! We met with Kaitlen (the 12 year old who wants to be baptized) the other day and she is very excited about it! She has a less active mother but she is all for her be baptized! And also Mckenna ( Sister Houston's daughter) was asking her about baptism so that's exciting! She's been coming out to church and activity days and she's been loving it! Chris and Sister Houston just have to get married and then Chris will be baptized too! Then we have Jose's family who are sincerely interested! They are awesome they want to have chapel tour and play some futbol and basketball! So we are excited about it! Sister Mills has cancer, stage 4 cancer actually, and she isn't doing so hot. She's been in the hospital for quite some time. She is struggling to find someone who is willing to do the surgery and she's in extreme pain so i had the sacred privilege to give her a blessing. Two day later, she's feeling better and she has found someone who is willing to do the operation so she was very excited about that!! The Priesthood is for reals!!! So funny experience that came to my mind (really random, I know) is when I was in district meeting in Hamilton. And I was leaning back on my chair and I leaned back a little to far and baaaammm I fall backwards and land on my back. I get up and just turn my back on everybody for a couple of seconds and then get back into my chair and act like nothing happened while everybody was laughing at me. Yup Typical Elder Beddes. It was pretty funny! Jamie (the hell's angel) is feeling a ton better. We met him outside with like 6 other guys just sitting there with him! They were all of his friends and so we taught all of them. Felt like Dan Jones soap boxing it was sweeeet. Got two people who were really interested and want to sit into our lessons with Jamie now! We also got a media referral from church headquarters about a man who requested a Bible. His name is Serge and he is from Haiti and he wanted a Bible to learn more about Jesus, so we gave him one and bore testimony of it and also the Book of Mormon. He is very interested in that and wants us to come back! We also got in contact with a Less Active who has only gone to church once since Elder H has been here. She is awesome, we had a wonderful conversation about her conversion story and what she's gone through. She's going through some rough times right now sadly but she said that she needs help and wants us to start coming regularly. It's really cool to see people wanting to change there lives! It really is a blessing to see. Met with Sean and Franchessica finally! They had a campfire going in the back and so we taught a lesson back there. It was really awesome! We talked about family and marriage with them! They really enjoyed it and agree with the doctrine that we taught and they want to continue to have discussions so we are excited for that! Something that I've learned on the mission is that it isn't about me! As I've thought about myself and wanted the best for me and I wasn't ever happy! But I've come to know that true happiness comes from making others happy! Losing myself in the work and as the scriptures describe it "wrestling before God" in prayer about the people that i'm working with it's brought me that joy and happiness! As can it for you! Remember what's truly important in the life, this is my hope and prayer. I love you guys so much and I hope you have a wonderful day and week!
Forever and Always,
Coco, Colteyboy, Elder Beddes  

 Eating lunch with a member!! 


 Chillin on the couch drinking soda pic (Yes, collecting bottles)


 The Ice Castle


There's that hospital, it's huge!!

No comments:

Post a Comment