Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life. -3 Nephi 5:13

Wednesday, January 13, 2016

January 13, 2016 Keep Giving it My All (Handwritten)

I miss you all so much! Sorry I haven't written in a long time, it's been really busy here in Stoney Creek! My goal is to inform you guys about the little things that I haven't yet told you guys. There's been a lot obviously because there's' a lot that happens on a mission! I guess I should start with how I've been doing. I've been doing pretty good! The whole Laura and Manny thing was kind of heartbreaking but I've moved on. With them out of the lop though our teaching pool is definitely not at its finest! We dropped 3 of the investigators out of the 6 I came into the area with. We call them Eternal Investigators (I don't know if you guys called them that or not Dad on your mission). Basically missionaries have been teaching these guys for a long time. I really don't know why they kept them. I assume for the numbers though. We have Jenka who is from Czechoslovakis and is married to a less active. He was baptized when he was eight and never really went back to church. Oops I said, married, they are actually not married. So we are trying to teach them and get her baptized! She actually at one point was close but she came across the endowment video online so it spooked her out. Kim is another investigator who has been investigating for a year and 2 month. She really wants to be baptized really bad but she is waiting for the government to approve their divorce papers, and so it's been a long process(it's been about a year and they haven't received it).So it's been a waiting game with her, she'd going to get baptized as soon as she gets them. I talked about Pat a little bit in my emails home, she was the one who started crying when she was saying the prayer after the Restoration lesson we had with her at Tim M. We haven't been able to meet with her since. She kind of just disappeared. Just like all of our other investigators we found this transfer!  It kind of sucks but other people have their own agency. We teach such short powerful lessons so I would have thought people would want to learn more! So we've been teaching and contacting a ton in this area just trying to build up the teaching pool! The only new converts we have are the S's. They got baptized 4 months ago and then moved over her 2 months ago! They've  been doing pretty good, we've been trying to get them out to church a lot more then they have been. Our returning members are Brother G and Sean S. Brother G is an older guy probably 65 ish and he comes to church every Sunday but doesn't take the sacrament and Bishop says that he's been having some problems so that's why he hasn't been taking it. He hasn't received his endowment and I will tell you how we know that haha. We went  over to his house to teach him a lesson. He opens his door and he's shirtless with suspenders and he's probably 200 lbs overweight so it wasn't pleasant at all. So that kind of freaked us out a little bit. He was expecting us over too…. so it was definitely one of the more weird lessons I've been too! Sean S has an addiction with cigarettes. He smokes a pack a day which is nasty and is drinking coffee. He knows that its wrong and he feels guilty every time he does it. He just can't stop and he's tried in the past many times. So we've been trying to work with him and trying to help him out and teach him addiction recovery stuff. So there's the whole teaching pool right there! We've been trying to meet with the 70% of the Ward who are inactive or less active but we've been getting a lot of no's and doors shut in our faces haha! This is for sure the hardest area I've been in so far but I've been learning so much. I truly have. I think about how much disappointment and heartache the Savior had/has to go through trying to get people to do good and it warms my heart and has given me such a stronger love and respect for Him. Yeah sometimes life sucks and can seem like a drag and we all come across disappointment and sorrow sometimes in our lives, but it's nice to know that the Savior of the World had to go through something beyond my own comprehension and can relate to anyone in this world. The last thing he wants us to do is to get down on ourselves and quit! So, I'm going to keep giving it my all despite the dips in the road. I'm so glad that I have you guys as parents who have taught me that there are going to be hard times in my life and have shown me how to react and to proceed in life with my head held up high, so can you! Elder D is doing good. We butt heads sometimes but it's to be expected. He's one of the more trunky missionaries I've been around. He talks a lot about girls and music a lot. He talks about how much time he has left on his mission all of the time and what he'll be doing when he goes back, haha but he still works hard. It definitely feels like I'm the senior companion!  lol but that’s alright. It's starting to get cold up here! It's been about 2 degrees on average this past week. It's supposed to be -13 Monday so I'm excited for that! We have a huge district. I think 7 companionships are in it. I wasn't ever supposed to be in this one apparently because I was going to be in Sister C's district and somehow the AP's new about the whole situation so they put us in the other district! Most of it came from Sister C. I feel like she's been telling a lot of people, but oh well. Anyway, I hope I was able to fill you in on a couple of things! I love the gospel! I love being a missionary here in Canada! I know the gospel is true and I love declaring it to people, it brings me happiness! I know the Savior loves me and loves you guys so much! I miss you and love you guys so much! I think about you every day and I hope everything is going alright back at home! I pray for you guys every day and will continue to do so. PS- thought you guys would like to see some of my talks from when I was a kid! So many memories!
Forever and Always,
Colten, Elder Beddes, Coco, Colteyboy

Brooke- I hope everything is going alright! Hope your grades are up and are enjoying high school. Do you ride the bus or get a ride from someone? I hear you're doing good in basketball! Glad Farnsworth isn't making you do a lot of ladders. I remember him making us run around  the baseball field as fast as we could, they were called triangles. It's weird that you are going to be a senior when I get back from my mission, my sisters grow so fast! Anyway, short but sweet, just know that I love you very much and I'm proud of you!

Amber- I hear you  are doing good in sports! Keep up the good work! I had a dream last night. I was teaching a lesson to some random family, and I looked down and I noticed that I was only in my underwear! It was terrible. I've been having a lot of dreams of me being a missionary. Elder D told me 2 or 3 weeks ago I was talking in my sleep and I was talking about church and ' awesome and fun it is". Haha anyway I love you so much!

Maleah- How are you today? I drew you a picture of my favorite movie! How is school? I hear you're doing good in sports, keep up the good work! Have you watched Ponyo or Fox and the Hound lately? What about our favorite movie to watch, All Dogs go to Heaven? Those are such good movies. I hope you are getting along with Spencer! I love the pictures and emails you send me! Thanks so much for being my best friend. I sure do  miss you. We are going to play so much and watch a ton of movies when I back, K?

Love you Coco


No comments:

Post a Comment