Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life. -3 Nephi 5:13

Monday, April 4, 2016

April 4, 2016 Keep Loving, Keep Trying, Keep Trusting, Keep Believing, Keep Growing

Dear Coco,
I miss you so much. Wen you get home can we resel? I love you so much. I hope you are having fun at canida. I miss woching fox and the hounds. Wen you get home lets play hid in go seek. I have so miny things to play oh and we code take jojo for a wok. I miss you. Be a god mishanarey.
Love,
Maleah


Dear Maleah,
Holy cow maleah you are making me cry! haha of course we can resel and watch our favorite movies Fox and the hound, ponyo, all dogs go to heaven, and even more! I bet you couldn't find me when we play hide n seek. ;) remember when we were playing hide n seek and you hid in your closet in the shelves and you scared me really bad? ;) hahahah super funny! I miss you so much Maleah, keep being a good girl. And I will be a God Missionary, thanks for the reminder. xoxoxoxoxoxo
Love,
Coco


Dear All,
Indeed they did call my mission president to be a 70 which was quite shocking! Everybody was so very confused haha! He disappeared for a week, (Most missionaries didn't know that) the AP's had no idea where he went either which i find pretty funny! He had to keep it a secret from everybody even his family. He found out early February apparently. I'm pretty sad about it, i love this guy so much. I don't know what other mission presidents are like but I think President Clayton is one of kind. He's taught me so much. Especially how to be be yourself when you are doing missionary work. His love from the mission and the missionaries is so very powerful. You can just tell by looking at him that he has the light of Christ illuminating from him. I'm going to miss him a ton. He's leaving June 1st. I'm excited to see who our next mission president is! We had a pretty good week this week! We wish we could have taught i lot more investigator lessons! We did a good job teaching the less actives and a lot of them are progressing!! Tim and Wendy aren't responding to our text messages and every time we stop by they aren't home so I'm not sure what the deal is with them. They said that they would come to church the last three times but never end up showing. So I hope everything is OK with them. The rest of our investigators couldn't meet and set up times for this week. We did get to see Victoria (one with the new baby). She came out with Dawn to General Conference and she loved it! It's one of the best feelings when you are listening to the talks and you know that they are applying to your investigators and there eyes are fixed on the screen and can just tell that they are feeling the spirit! We just need to teach her one more lesson and she will be a progressing investigator!!! It'll be the first one since the area was opened which was last september! So i'm getting excited! The Gascon's who we found last week(helped take down the signs) watched General Conference as well and they really enjoyed it! We had a wonderful lesson with her and her two boys who are twins! She brought up the concerns of her not being able to discern whether not it's her own thoughts or the spirit. And we had a powerful lesson on that and the spirit took over. We reminded her of the time she was baptized and the miracle that happened to her when her back was killing her before the baptism and then when she was baptized the aching was gone! Talked about the Gifts of the Spirit, shared with her many scriptures. And now she wants to put everything that we taught her to the test! It's also one of my favorite things to see that people are so willing to do there part so that they can come closer to Jesus Christ and to feel of the happiness and peace. I'm so proud of Sister Gascon! Denny is progressing well and he's getting excited for his patriarchal blessing! HOLY COW so i could ramble on about the work that we did (which was great by the way and things are going well in sudbury) but i want to talk about general conference!!!! This one was probably my favorite of all time! I feel like a lot of the speakers talked a lot about families and marriage and the importance therein. I couldn't help but think of my own family and how blessed I am to be in it with such loving parents that care about me and beatiful pure sisters. I love you guys so much and i thank you again for the things that you guys have all taught me and will continue to teach me. I want to follow up mother and father lol how is the kneeling and praying together coming? ;) Elder Ballard brought it up so it must be important! I'm so very grateful for the "Family Councils" that we had as a family, as a parent and child, and even the ones parent to parent. They truly do help. I will never forget the days when we had "Special Days" and I got to spend time with you guys!! Ever think about doing it again? I will say that the one that stuck out to me was of course my favorite speaker of all time Elder Holland!  Something that he said that stuck out to me was that we need to remember tomorrow, and all the days after that, that the Lord blessed those who want to improve!! If you stumble in your efforts, so does everybody else!!! The Savior is always going to be there with you!!! Keep trying. Keep trusting. Keep believing. Keep growing. Heaven is cheering you on today, tomorrow, and forever!! I love it so much! We went to a less actives house that we have never been by before right after the after noon session on sunday and this lady opens the door and she starts speaking in french and me and elder herbert just look at each smiling and we say yeah we don't speak french! hahah and she turns around and calls someone and it's a ysa girl in our ward and she says Oh hey guys! It turns out that this ysa girl is the daughter of this less active mom! So she let us in and we talked about conference with her and she said that she would watch the last general conference session and she really loved the lesson that we taught her and she want's us to come back and teach her. General Conference blessings! haha she is super funny! she hasn't come to church for a long time but she said she wants to start coming out! I love it!! Oh I just got an email from my old companion. Here is what he said, " So that guy who went up to the cabin, Jeremy, he got back and we met up with him the other day. He's still super elect. He even came to the Sunday morning conference Session at the chapel.  Jeremy liked it. I think the Sunday morning session was a good one for him to watch." so i'm super pumped about that! Well time is running low sadly but I love you guys with all my heart. Remember to keep pressing forward no matter what! And please remember tomorrow and strive to keep the same feelings you have when you do something right and you taste of the fruit! The Gospel is true, and I can not deny it. I will not, and I can not. No never, no never! haha 
Forever and Always,
Colteyboy, coco, Elder Beddes


"Hast though not known? Hast though not heard? God giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increases strength. They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles, for the Lord God will hold their right hand saying unto them, Fear not, I will help thee" -Isaiah


Canadian Pride!



President and Sister Clayton: "We are excited for the changes occurring in our lives and grateful for your love and support! We are blessed to able to serve in the Canada Toronto Mission until July 1st. We will post the name of the new CTM president as soon as we know! We love Canada! We love Ontarians! We love, love, love our missionaries!"

No comments:

Post a Comment