Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life. -3 Nephi 5:13

Monday, March 7, 2016

March 7, 2016 Holy Cow, I Love These People So Much!

This week has been a good week!! We have seen a ton of miracles since I've been here! Me and Elder Herbert have been having a blast and getting the work done! It's so fun here in the ice castle! So the highlights of this week have been the three new investigators we found!! Two were found tracting! Tim and Wendy are very nice people, they are in there 40's and they have a handicapped child. They are super humble and they want us to come back after we had a powerful lesson about the Restoration. They work for this company called Zeal which is apparently really good for your health. They gave us a couple of bottles of it, and it taste pretty funky but it's good for you I guess. Anyway they are super nice and we dropped off a couple of BOMS yesterday cause we forgot them to bring them in the first lesson that we had and they were really excited to read it and they told to come back. So they are awesome and we are so excited to work with them! We had a lesson with Victoria who is a friend of a member in the ward, and Victoria is in her 20's and she just a her new born baby! it's a cute little boy. She has been coming to church with the member periodically and she is interested in it and she loves the feeling that comes from going. so we had a very powerful restoration lesson with her. It was one of the most powerful and spiritual one's that I've been in. she was just absorbing everything. she was committing to read from the Book of Mormon pray to know if its true and she wants to be baptized! She is so solid, the only thing that is holding her back is she living with her boyfriend. But we are praying that everything will work out! We had zone council pretty far away from where we live! It was about a two hour drive from where we are. half of the zone was on Skype so I think that that is pretty funny!! It was great though! We had dinner with a family in the ward yesterday and it was pretty good, we had nachos! There is a 16 year old who plays on a competition basketball team and he has challenged me on a one on one match. Apparently he is pretty good from what I hear so I'm excited to break his ankles. The ward is pretty nice, I think I could have gotten a little more of a warm welcome but it's ok. Jesus Christ really didn't have a warm welcome for the majority of his whole ministry. I'm building relationships with them though! We have dinners about one or two times a week. it's kind of hard with other missionaries in the same ward as well! haha we have been working a ton with less actives and a lot of them are progressing! We have a couple who are wanted to receive their patriarchal blessing and even endowment so I'm super excited for them! We do service at this one place where we pretty much sort out food donations from grocery stores and then send them off to poor places! It kind of reminded me of the times I worked at Harmons! Don't really miss those days at all... haha it was weird though cause it was taking me back! I can't believe it's been six months, time is flying!! There is a pretty good weight room in the basement that I can go and get jacked so it's pretty nice!! We all sleep in the same room and it's a blast! I'm having a fantastic time here and I'm learning so much. Before my mission I would hear all of the time from dad that you are going to love the people that you serve. And I can testify that that is 100% true. Holy Cow I love these people so much and if you think about it we should because it's souls that we are trying to save here! :) It's been pretty cold here in the tundra but I've been staying warm. :) I've only fallen on my butt a couple of times. ;) haha I love you guys so much and wish you guys a good week!! zip code P3C 4G5!! Sister Erickson called me the other day and told me, so thanks momma!! as of right now I don't really need anything, thanks for thinking about me!! always in my prayers.
forever and always,
Elder Beddes coco colteyboy 

PS- I really liked this. :)


"The earth is the Lord's and the fullness thereof"-
It speaks of His greatness, it sings of His love,
And each day at dawning I lift my heart high...
And raise up my eyes to the infinite sky...
I watch the night vanish as a new day is born,
And I hear the birds sing on the wings of the morn,
I see the dew glisten in crystal-like splendor
While God, with a touch that is gentle and tender,
Wraps up the night and softly tucks it away
And hangs out the sun to herald a new day.
A day yet unblemished by what's gone before,
A chance to begin and start over once more,
And all I need do is to silently pray
God, help me and guide me and go with me today.
-Helen Steiner Rice





Just chillin in the ice castle :)

No comments:

Post a Comment