Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life. -3 Nephi 5:13

Tuesday, March 22, 2016

March 21, 2016 Honestly One of the Best Weeks on my Mission!

I'm glad you guys liked the Cadbury chocolates! I have only tried the oreo one and it's delicious. Thank you in advance for the Easter card and the package, it's greatly appreciated!! No surprise letters really. Grandma sends me a ton and love it, and I have gotten one from you a couple of days ago! Thank you for it, I love that talk so much and yes I used it in my Farewell talk. :) It's been warming up here in Sudbury. Still jacket weather but it feels good to actually feel heat waves coming from the sun every once in awhile. :) sounds like you guys have had a good week! I really like what Elder Oaks said as well about being choice spirits. It should be talked about a lot more I think. If everybody knew that, especially the people we are working with as missionaries and even the afflicted in general, I think people would be more happy and accepting! Easy as that! I can't believe you are going to Thailand again! How's Atom's English coming along? I didn't know you were an AP dad! Now I feel like I don't know anything about your mission... haha. This week has been full of miracles. Honestly one of the best weeks on mission! I don't even know where to start and I could literally right a 20 page essay about what happened but I'm going to have to condense it down! First I want to start by saying that we found 4 new investigators!!! Errol, Dominque, Earny, and Justine. They are all so nice and are willing to learn more. We taught each of them lessons after they either let us into their house or they heard us out on the street! They all asked us if we could come back and to teach them more about the Gospel, we didn't ask them! They seemed so prepared. Dominque was a media referall. We met with him a couple of days ago and he has had some life changing experience happened to him that really opened up his eyes to God. He requested a bible and we brought it to him and he let us in so that we could teach him about it and also the Book of Mormon. He was so excited to hear more about the Book of Mormon as well. He has a ton of real intent and he wants us to come back and to teach him tomorrow. He's a very smart fella and was really in aww about what we were telling him, such a nice guy. We had a lesson with Tim and Wendy! Holy cow most spiritual lesson that I have been in. We talked to them about the Book of Mormon and Eternal Families. Wendy was tearing up the whole time. They said that when we left the last lesson that they could feel the spirit so strongly and really didn't know what it was but they wanted us to come back. Wendy was shocked that Tim (apparently a easy to anger type guy) was responding to our questions and was sincerely interested in what we had to say. I've never seen Tim so happy ever, they were so excited for us coming and for the lessons that we have taught them. They excepted baptism and we told them that we are going to be there every step of the way to help them. :) they are so awesome! We taught a guy named Errol who was found tracting. He's a very very nice black guy who is very religious. Our lesson that we had with him yesterday was so spiritual. He loves his bible! He first started the whole lesson with a prayer, he offered it! he said a really good prayer, he prayed correctly too which shocked me! He asked some great questions and was very interested in the Book of Mormon. This guy is so nice and kind. he's really knowledgeable of the bible! He loved it when we said that we loved the bible. When we arrived to his house he had already read a ton from the Book of Mormon and thought it was awesome! We hit standards of excellence this week!!! That means that we found 2 new investigators, 2 new returning members, 2 investigators at church, 2 returning members, and all new converts at church as well!! It hasn't been done for 6 months in Sudbury so we had a pretty sweet celebration when both companionships hit it in the ice castle!!! We had exchanged with the sault st. Mary elders. I was with a guy I came out with in the mission, Elder Lundberg, he's a good Elder. We were out tracting and contacting when we received a call from president Clayton! he wanted to come tracting and contacting with us, so that was quite the surprise there! Elder L was freaking out the whole time but I just didn't care and was myself the whole time. We found two really solid investigators with him. I've never seen President so excited ever. He said and I quote, " I'm just so pumped right now!" hahaha it was pretty funny. he told us that he could feel the spirit really strongly when he was around us and he had a fantastic time. He told me that I was a really good contactor and that I am very personable, he was really excited about it. I thought it was really nice of him, it really was a fun time with him. :) He loved talking about families with those that we tracted into or contacted. He was a baby doctor, and he delivered I think 9000 babies in his life time, so you could tell that he had a firm testimony of families. I learned a lot from him those couple of hours we were with him. I told him about Sudbury and the miracles and success that we have been having and how we were expecting to hit standards, he was so excited!! We had stake conference yesterday and it was very spiritual. I learned a lot about missionary work, something that stuck out to me that a speaker said was that Success shouldn't be measured upon how many investigators you have at church or how many baptisms you have, but where your intent is. Are you truly concerned for the salvation of souls? Are you going to go talk to that guy across the street even though you are having a not so nice day? It's all in your attitude and how much integrity you truly have and if you trying your hardest. :) I liked it! Very good week, I can't even tell you half of it because of time. But the other investigators are great and we have appointments with them this week! the house that we got into that told us to go talk to the daughters hasn't been home everytime we go over sadly. But we will catch them don't worry! Something funny that happened to us that I thought you might like was a 1:30 at night I got out of bed and hopped onto Elder Moffat right next to me and I started wrestling him! he woke up and was very confused as to why I was wrestling him and he kicked me out of his bed and hit the ground and I woke up fully and asked him why the heck we were wrestling? He of course says I have know Idea and that I just jumped on him and started wrestling him! hahah funny thing is is that I was half awake and I could remember wrestling him! Why? I have know idea but we had a pretty good laugh afterwards when everybody woke up! :) hahahahah I love you guys! I know the church is true, I have seen many miracles and blessings from being on a mission. There is so much true happiness that the Gospel brings that you just want to keep sharing it with others so that you can see them taste of it. I have never cared so much for people I really don't even know! God bless you guy's.
Forever and Always,
Coco, Colteyboy, Elder Beddes     


A Freezing Waterfall


Family Photo!

No comments:

Post a Comment