Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life. -3 Nephi 5:13

Monday, January 18, 2016

January 18, 2016 My New Companion

Elder Brand is a sweet missionary! He works way hard, and we are talking to everybody! He's honestly such a sweet companion! He'll like do random nice things for me like make my bed, clean my desk, just stuff like that. He's 6'5" and likes to play basketball! He's a very smart guy as well   He went to BYUI for a semester before he left for his mission so I've been getting some details about it! Sounds like it's a pretty sweet school though everything that I've dreamed of! Speaking of which, do you know when the fall semester starts? He told me in August but he wasn't quite sure. Anyway, we like to wave at every passing car, knock on windows of cars that have people in them and talk to them about the gospel, follow people on the sidewalks and talk to them about the gospel haha that one is my favorite, when they don't want anything to do with you but you talk to them anyway). he's 21 as well. everybody is telling me that I'm a really young missionary, and it's kind of true I do feel like I'm way young! haha well this week we have found atleast 6 or 7 potential investigators that said that they would be willing to listen to what we have to say! so I'm excited for that. one of the coolest experiences that I've had so far was when we had to go to the church to go find something. and it takes about thirty minutes to get there, and we saw this guy on a bike right next to it. and so we started talking to him about the church and the gospel being restored and he was way interested. he said that he would go to church the next day and we even called him the morning of and he said he was on his way but he never showed up which was weird. so hopefully we see him again, it was snowing really hard sunday morning and he rides his bike everywhere so we are hoping that was the reason. we have been talking to a TON OF PEOPLE tracting and contacting. I wish I could tell you about each potential investigator but it would take forever, but just know that the Lord is guiding us to those who are prepared, and we are planting a ton of seeds. :) the other day it was almost time to go to the apartment to end the day, so we decided to knock on one last door. And this particular house was very big... so a very rich family. And we were on the mountain so we had a really good view of stoney creek at night. we knock on this guys door and we stand there for a minute or so and we know this guy is in there cause we can see some shadow and hear someone in there walking. and so we knock again and we turn around to look at the wonderful view and all of sudden this really loud horn goes off, so loud that I'm pretty sure all of stoney creek heard it. So I freaked out and fell down ( I don't know if you guys remember this about me or not but when I'm really scared my legs turn off and I just drop)and I was confused out of my mind as to why this guy turned on this horn. This guy ends up answering the door and it's this older guy who speaks Russian or something, he has a thick accent and we were like "Why the devil is your alarm going off?" haha and he looked so scared and we told him we teach about jesus Christ and he said no and slammed the door. So I don't know if he even understood us or not but as we were walking down his huge doorsteps the alarm goes off again and we looked back and the same guy was looking through the blinds at us! hahah so I don't know what that was all about but I love experiences like that! haha this area is being picked up though, I can feel it!! We are working harder than ever and I'm exhausted each night. This is the hardest thing I've ever done in my life, but it feels good. :) I honestly love it! Pete got baptized by the way! I'll send the picture! it feels good to know that I helped a guy get baptized. I loved the lessons that we taught to him. All three of them were so spiritual. He had a concern about The Word of Wisdom one of the lessons we were there, and he was thinking about dropping us actually. So the spirit told me to bear testimony of The Word of Wisdom and I started tearing up cause I could tell it was a very big concern for him because he was having a hard time with it. The spirit was so strong, and he said that he will continue to keep it and be baptized. I was reading my patriartical blessing a couple of nights ago and a part of it said that my testimony will bring many souls to him. So it was really cool to see how that came true. The Gospel is True!!! What need I say more? haha we had a good turn out at church as well! We had all of our New Converts come to church and we had 8 of our less actives come as well!! It's so sweet to see the progess of those less actives and there desire to go back to church and to become better! I love you guys dearly! I think about you everyday and hope everything is alright! :) good job with everything guys, keep moving forward with a steadfastness in Christ!!! With a pefect brightness of hope! Everybody needs a little bit more hope in the world!
Forever and Always,
Elder Beddes, Coco, Colteyboy


Pete and my companion Elder V at his baptism!! I'm so proud of this guy!



preparing for pete's baptism!!!



Decided to go to a Thai Restaurant! The workers there say hi dad! Told them all about you! It was good mussimon! ;)


I love this Mexican guy haha



tracting with the boys



me and Buddha


Niagara at Night


This is how you are supposed to dress up when you go tracting. ;)


My home boy Elder B




No comments:

Post a Comment