Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life. -3 Nephi 5:13

Monday, January 11, 2016

January 11, 2016 I Have Felt a Snippet...

Hey Guys!
haha I don't miss Harmons at all! Good ole Colton still working there. Is Big John still there? If you see him, tell him to email me. Thanks for the Gloves I really appreciate it! Should I wear the Italian shoes? How expensive are they? I can't believe you saw Elder Bednar that's so cool!! Did you talk to him at all? A wave? Way to go momma with basketball, you are such a good basketball player, and I mean it!! Well this week has gone by too fast! It was a fun week especially with Elder Vargus coming into the companionship! Elder Vargus is from Mexico City and he is a convert to the church. He got baptized about four years ago and he is a English speaking missionary. He honestly the funniest person I know!! He totally reminds me of Nacho Libre and you know how much I adore Nacho haha!! His Mexican accent just makes everything he says ten times better!! The time I spent with him made my whole transfer a lot better, I haven't laughed this hard and this much for a long time so I'm very grateful for him. He's been out for about 10 months and is a great missionary. He is serving in St. Davids (Niagra Falls). He just got called to District Leader. Oh yeah we got transfer calls yesterday!!! Drum roll please............ I'm staying in Stoney Creek. Elder Ditty is leaving and going to Chadum and I'm getting a new companion. His name is Elder Brand. I know absolutely nothing about him haha so I guess we'll see how it goes! Seems like yesterday I was just explaining Elder Ditty to you, time flies! Well since Elder Vargus was with us, we were running both Stoney Creek and St. Davids!! So we were using a ton of k's driving back and forth!! It was fun though. We were able to teach Pete three times. I don't know if I've explained him to you guys yet but he is about 70 or so and he was getting baptized this last Saturday but when the zl's came to his house to do the baptismal interview he was drinking iced tea!!!!!! ahhhhhhhh so frustrating, it was an honest mistake though. He had just forgotten and he said wasn't thinking so we have to push the baptism this Saturday!! He's a stud though and I love him. He's so funny and sarcastic! He is such a strong fighter!! He had the biggest addiction to smoking but he has been enduring to the end and hasn't smoked for about 2 weeks! We have such powerful lessons with him, and the spirit was so very strong when we were teaching him! I don't know if I'll be able to make it to the baptism or not but I'm so very grateful to be able to teach him and to see him progress towards baptism!! Not much success with Cindy. She was sick all week apparently so we weren't able to meet with her. We were able to talk with Dan!! We taught him the Restoration and he really enjoyed it! We weren't able to meet with him since but we are going to be teaching him the POS in a couple of days. It really is a blessing to see people get interested in what we are teaching cause it really is the spirit that does all of the work! To see the Spirit touch their hearts is one my favorite things as a missionary to experience! We found two new returning members this week who wanted us to come and share a message with them! I love it when people who haven't gone to church for a very long time start to realize that they are missing something very big in their lives and want to start meeting with the missionaries and start going to church! I love being a missionary!!!!!! I can't wait for this upcoming transfer!! It was a slower week but it's more motivation to find more people this week. I've learned so much this last week! I was able to talk to a lot of people this past week tracting and contacting and though we were rejected it taught me a lot of what the Savior went through. I love to talk about the Atonement of our Savior Jesus Christ because it truly is the most important thing that happened. Christ was rejected so much and words can't describe how much pain he must of felt. My testimony has grown so much of the Atonement and of Jesus Christ as I have felt a snippet, a little bit of what Christ had to go through, as people reject the messages that we share to people. It saddens me. I can't tell you how much care I have for these people and how much I know that the gospel truly can bless their lives. I'm so very grateful to be born into the Gospel and to have goodly parents who have taught me so much. :) I sounded like Nephi right there haha! I love you guys dearly and hope you have a good week! 
Forever and Always,
Elder beddes  

No comments:

Post a Comment