Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life. -3 Nephi 5:13

Monday, December 21, 2015

December 21. 2015 Scrooge and Niagara Falls

Hey there fam!!

I can't tell you how excited I am to talk to you this Christmas!!! So I'm going over to the Bishops house and we are going to have breakfast and then i'll probably get on around 11 or 12 so that's like 9 or ten your time!! I think the bishops wife will call you the night before and let you know!! BUT I"M SO EXCITED!! Christmas definitely doesn't feel like what I've experienced all of my life! haha no watching my favorite Christmas Movies or listening to Johnny Mathis, Nat King Cole, Frank Sinatra Christmas Music. And it definitely doesn't look like Christmas up here! haha it's like 8 degress Celsius for Heavens Sake and no snow at all!! But hey I'm still lovin it because I love helping other people out during this season and that's what it's all about. I love the feeling you get when you talk to a ton of random strangers on the street about why we celebrate Christmas! I'll tell you an experience that I had that's kind of funny! So we were handing out these small Christmas cards to people about why a Savior was born and this was like the first day of December. And I see this older fellow on the corner of the street and I walk up to him and start talking to him and he of course does the whole "Who the heck are you and why are you talking to me?" face haha and I say "We are the missionaries from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and we are handing these cards out to people so that they can discover why a Savior was born. Are you excited for Christmas?" And he suprises me by saying "No, I hate Christmas." and he walks away. I WAS SHOCKED!! Who knew that there was a living scrooge on the corner of a street!!!!!! I thought everybody celebrated Christmas!!!!!! I guess not.... I was quite sad. haha anyway the moral of the story is to be grateful for the families that you are in and have a good time this Christmas Season and to remember why we celebrate it!! It's already a bit odd to not spend time with my family and it can be depressing at times but that's another reason I'm out here is to share that Christmas Spirit that I've experienced with my family in the past with others!! I think I've talked to over 500 people about the Savior and Christmas and it brings me great joy to proclaim it!! Laura and Manny are amazing!! We taught them the Law of Tithing and the accepted it like it was nothing at all. We only have to teach them a couple more things and they are small. We've taught them all of the big stuff and they are progressing a ton!! They've gone to the Christmas Party and they went to Church yesterday!! Manny in Priesthood class was a stud! He was participating like he has been a member all of his life. I heard Laura had a good time in Relief Society as well! They love it so far!! Mom I didn't have enough time to print out your testimony and i'll print out right now and show her thanks so much for doing it!! She's going to love it!! We are planning on having their marriage on January 8th!! And then they'll probably be baptized the 16th!! They are so excited and so am I!! They are such an awesome small family and I love them! Mom you had a question about how we found them. They were actually on a paper with all of the potential investigators. Apparently missionaries came by their house a couple of years ago and Laura and Manny weren't ready at that time and I guess the missionaries name came back. So we decided to go and see if they were home and they invited us in!! So it's pretty awesome!! I don't know if I told you this or not but Manny is a professional fighter for his weight class. he's a skinny dude but could destroy me. He's like 140! Laura loves to sew and is a stay at home mom! She's so sweet and kind! So, pretty much I'm soooooo excited for these guys and the pathway that they are going!!! We found 3 new investigators this last week which is pretty awesome!! We have been working really hard in trying to build up the teaching pool since it kind of sucked when I came in... haha we had to drop like 3 eternal investigators this last week, so kind of sad but we are finding more and more. I love you guys so much and I can't wait to talk to you soon!!!
Forever and Always,
Elder beddes

PS- Just read your testimony momma! That was beautiful. I'm crying in a public library right now haha thanks so much. she's going to love it!!!

Niagara Falls!!!


Niagara Falls City




Niagara 


Niagara 


Hike I went on today!


Sweet!


'The Mountain'- Stoney Creek


Outside the apartment at night

Zone Conference- Elder Beddes???

No comments:

Post a Comment