Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life. -3 Nephi 5:13

Sunday, November 1, 2015

October 28, 2015 Georgetown (Handwritten)

Dear Family,
I sure hope you like my emails! I try and put as much information and pictures on there as I can! I tray and make it so seems like you're right there with me when I experience things! The very first day I drove into Georgetown, we were turning onto the street where the apartment is and this older guy who had a cane stopped us. So I rolled down my window and I said hello. And he said, "hello can you give me a ride to house down there the street." I couldn't tell what accent he had, but it sounded German and he knew little English, but I was picking out what he was trying to say. So I said, "oh you want a ride to your house?" He said, "Yes, can I get in the back?" And I said, "well the back is full of luggage and there isn't any room." Then he said, "oh, ok that's fine." And I'm like "ok, sorry about that" and he looked confused. Then he pointed to the back of the car and said, "Can I have a ride?" So then I tried to be more simple with him. I pointed to the back and said, "No room in the back, to much stuff." He nods his head and looks down  at the pavement. We were in a hurry for something so we had to go. So I said, "ok sorry about that, maybe we will see you later." He says, "can I have ride in back?" Out of frustration, I look at Elder Johnson and said "just go" and so we drove off. I smiled and waved at him and I looked back, he started walking off to his house. So that was the very first person I talked to in Georgetown! Some old crazy guy! Haha! That conversation with him literally took 5 minutes. I'm pretty sure we went back and forth saying the same thing for at least 5 minutes! Pretty funny though.
I sure am eating a lot of different foods here! It really is diverse up here!I've never seen so many different people in my life! It's like people from every country gather here! It's pretty cool to talk to people of a different race and to try and understand what they are trying to say. I have the hardest time trying to understand a family from India! I think I'm told you about Montaj and Ravi before. I just found out that they want to feed us every time we go even. They have this 3 year old kid that loves me and  it's so cute. Ravi isn't baptized, but Montaj is. Ravi says that he knows he should be baptized, but he doesn't want to stop drinking and smoking because his friends will make fun of him. He knows that he is making a big commitment, so we're working with him! Very nice family though! I was in the mission office the other day and I saw a bunch of yellow pamphlets for the new missionaries coming in this upcoming transfer, and guess who's name i saw?? Sister C., the girl I kissed at EFY!! It's going to weird! Anyway, I just had an appointment with Charles Moody, the guy we're taking to the temple! Apparently it is very rare for a missionary to help someone to receive their endowment their first transfer. So God has blessed me greatly and it feels good! And though I haven't be able to baptize Joe, he will in the future, I just know it.
I love you guys dearly,
Elder Beddes
PS- Some good Christmas gifts would be more skinny ties and two more pairs of black slacks. The tan golf pants look like they are white sadly. Thanks!!! Love you guys so much!

Dear A,
How are you doing? Doing alright? I think about you all the time and think about all of the great times we've had. I do regret not playing with you more. I'm really sorry. The more time you're away from your family the more I realize how much of bad brother/ son I was. I would have loved to play more basketball and volleyball with you and watched more movies with you and taken you out for a drink more. One of the memories I will remember and cherish forever is sleeping outside on the tramp with you and talking about the stars and just asking questions about each other. I absolutely loved that. A you are very blessed. You have a lot of talents and gifts that a lot of people don't have. One of the things I love about you is that you have a great desire to do what's right. You always strive to the right thing, even though it may be hard, but you still do it. Dad has taught me a lot about Integrity. If you don't know what that is, Dad will be more than happy to tell you cause you already have alot of it! You are one of the kindest people I know. You are always willing to help others and God knows you are doing a great job and is very proud of you. I pray about you every night. I miss you but we will see each other shortly! XOXOXOXO
Love,
Coco

Dear B,
I want to say thank you first off. You have been an example to me my whole life even though it may not have seen like it, but you were! The more I think about how I treated you, the more I frown upon myself. So I give you a great big fat sorry for the times I acted like I knew it all or was the big guy in town. You are one of the most genuine, kind-hearted people I know. You have the ability to make others feel good about themselves and are so kind to everybody. I think that's why people want you to babysit for them all the time because they are impressed with your rare talent. One of the memories that will stick with me for time and all eternity is you kneeling down beside your bed praying to your Heavenly Father. I don't know if you know this, but I have started down beside my bed instead of on top because of the example you are to me. I sure hope that High School is going alright for you. I know it can be overwhelming, but you can do it! I spent so much time in the library doing stupid homework assignments or studying. Don't get caught up in the crowd. The crowd portrays the library as the last resort they would ever go to just because they always want to do what their other friends are doing and that is going to lunch or just plain out not wanting to go because they think that's where all the 'nerds' and 'gamers' go which.... is kinda true. Haha, but I didn't care and neither should you :) I love you so much!
Love,
Coco
Ps- I think it's great idea to try out for the bball team, but don't get sad if you don't make it because High School sports can be very political and really, it's just important. Love you!

Dear M,
This is my favorite movie to watch with you, M. I will never forget watching our favorite movies together. When I get back I want to watch a lot of movies together, ok? I can't wait! How is school? How is Spencer? Are you being nice? I sure do miss you, M! It was hard to leave you because I love you so much! I did it because I want other big brothers to be nice to their little sisters too! I have your picture hanging up in my room and it protects me at night and keeps me safe! I love you with all my heart!
Your best friend,
Coco   XOXOXO
Ps- I still hope you have your love coin I gave you! Special powers!!! ;)





No comments:

Post a Comment