Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life. -3 Nephi 5:13

Tuesday, October 13, 2015

October 13, 2015 Seeing the Light of Christ in Others

(Due to the Canadian Thanksgiving Holiday, letters were postponed a day)

Well fam,

I hope you know that when I'm done with emails I send you guys, my fingers feel like they are going to fall off!! I try and put as much info in there as possible! This last week was a pretty good week!! We had zone football at Presidents house in the backyard and it was pretty fun. Pres told me I had a pretty good spriral on the football which surprised me because I have the hardest time throwing it but I did it somehow. Lots of missionaries were there. I socialized it up with a lot of them. The best friends that I have made so far on my mission is Elder Shaffer, and Elder Oldham. They are exactly like me. they are in my zone and we get a long so well, it's kind of nice to be around them every once in awhile. Did I tell you that we went bowling last Monday with the zone? I'll send a pic. I'm standing right next to Elder Shaffer, it was blast!! We do zone service for Salvation Army every Tuesday morning, that's why I'm sending you this email right now. We basically go and do garden stuff. Pick the peas, do carrots, tomatoes, and other garden things, not fun but I get a good feeling after. The Sprikerhoffs had us for Thanksgiving on Saturday and Sunday! They are so kind, I love them so much. We baked cookies. Have you been talking to Sister Sprikerhoff at all? She reminds me a lot of you! She loves the missionaries because she has one out the same time as me. :) Oh, I had this amazing idea to bake cookies for everyone that we are working with, so investigators, less actives, returning members, part member families and even active members and families. They love it! Joe Thistle said that he needed time to rest, so that's been his excuse for the past couple of times that we have called him, texted him, and went over. Everytime we go over he answers the door, he looks pretty rough and sick. I really do think that his parkinsons is doing bad stuff for him. I've never fasted and prayed so much for anyone, and I hope it's working. I gave him the uchtdorf talk that you sent me mom about why anyone would join our church. he really enjoyed! But we have been giving him space for the past week, so hopefully he feels better by tomorrow. We have thought of everything we could do to help him. Offered a priesthood blessing but he said he needed rest that's all. Gave him cookies. Asked if theres anything we can do. Been nice to him, fasted and prayed for him. Any others suggestions? It's kind of sad to think that he was going to have his baptism the other weekend and then this past weekend but they both got dropped... but oh well I really do envision this guy in white clothing getting baptised. :0 We found a couple of new investigators. Patrick and Sajeena, going to meet with them this week and talk about the gospel with them!! Aukje is a hardcore bible fanatic. She's a die hard been saved by grace type of person. I don't think she'll budge... haha but I challenged her to pray and read the book of Mormon. We have an appointment with paul tonight, last time we challenged him to pray everyday even though he said he didn't even pray the last time we asked him to, so it's a big jump for him haha but we call him every other night to pray! lol gave him cookies and really enjoyed it! I went on exchanges last Tuesday with an Elder named Elder Monson. He has adhd. So my companion exchanged with his companion and I exchanged with his. I drove for the first time, they live in downtown Brampton and it was crazy! Tons of traffic but it was a cool experience. I don't know how Elder Monson's companion has done it for the past couple of transfers with him!  You probably know somewhat about adhd. He gets sidetracked a lot, talks to himself, walks back/forth, if you say something to him and it triggers something in his mind, he'll start yelling what you just said maybe like a song or a quote or like a movie. It was an interesting night hahha but I have the highest respect for him! He's got heart, and he is an inspiration to us all! President called to do weekly planning with us, so that was interesting. He was impressed with me though, the way I did the whole thing and the things I said. He's a very nice man, I love him! I thought I had some like hoodies for the winter, did I not bring any? haha I have the sweaters! The jackets are awesome by the way thank you so much! So the highlight of my week is Charles Moody!! We got him to his next saving ordinance!!!!!! He is going to get his temple endowment next week!!!!!! We have been working with him to get him ready for the temple, he was baptised only last year, and he had his bishop interview this last sunday!! I'm so pumped for him!!!!! He's a great guy, he's taken us out to a place called Harveys. It's a hamburger place, it's alright. We went to place called Tokyo Macky, it's buffet sushi and chicken. I don't like the sushi but I love the chicken!! It's kind of pricey but so worth it!! I love the letters that you guys have been sending me!!  I love them! Still trying to work with Michael Spenc and Sister Hicks. We are meeting with them this week. We go on walks with Sister Hicks and we are working with her in receiving her own endownment too! She's almost there!! Michael Spenc says that he was baptized at age eight in the church but I don't know about that, so we are working with that and trying to figure out if he really was! hahaha I've been doing a lot more working out that's for sure!! I found a jump rope in the apartment and I have been jump roping a lot lately! I have been reading in the new testament, and love the stories of jesus!! I feel the spirit so strongly when I hear about Jesus Christ and what he did for us. He did so much for the people, and its so heartwarming. A couple of people really reminded me of Jesus a couple of days ago. We were in the Relief Society Room on sunday looking at dinner appointments and I was eavesdropping on a couple of sisters in the ward. One of them asked if she was ready to go home because it was the end of church. And this lady, who was blind and very elderly, asked if the Elders are doing alright and if there's anything that she could do to help us. And the lady said everything was ok and that we were doing alright, and I turned back around after hearing that and went straight to the tissues because she was so Christlike. I felt the spirit so strong, I knew the Savior was so proud of this blind elderly lady. Man I'm tearing up just emailing this to you. :) haha she was kind, I can't tell you the feeling I have for such a kind selfless woman. She has impacted my life, and she doesn't even know. Another experience I had was during sacrament meeting. I was sitting there pondering the week I had and the role the savior played in it. I looked up and I saw this cute boy with downs syndrome passing the sacrament. And after he was done with his section, he stood in line and began to hug every other deacon and teacher who was standing in it. I saw Jesus once again. This cute down Sydrome boy probably of the age of 14 loved what he was doing and loved the people he was with. I will never forget these experiences nor the experiences that Jesus had because the experiences that I had with these two great saints reminded me fully of the times of Jesus Christ and his mortal ministry. We must not forget what he did for us!! :) Remember to pray and give thanks and to also poor out your concerns to Heavenly Father and to Jesus, because they want to know about the things you are going through. I testify that they are there, and they do listen to your prayers. Whenever I hear an investigator pray momma, I think of us singing our song at my baptism. "Heavenly Father are you really there? And do you hear and answer every childs prayer? Suffer the Children....." "Pray he is there, pray he is listening....." I love you Mom, you play such a big chunk of my life and I owe so much of it to you. My dear sisters... I can't tell you how much I love you guys. Some of the memories I remember with you guys are when I was lying in my bed, thinking about the next day, and I remember each of you walking into my room on separate days saying" Coco its time for prayers" and out of frustration and anger I got up grumpy as I was, and I tried to show it too, just to make you guys feel bad. I can't tell you how much of a mistake that was and how sorry I am for doing it. You guys have blessed me so much, and I thank you so much. If I had a choice now and had realized my mistakes earlier, I would have gotten out of my bed, kissed each of you, and said "Thank you for getting me because family prayer is one the most important things I could be doing."

Love you forever and always,

Elder Beddes

Dear M, you are so kind and I love you so much! I am talking to people about jesus and god. I wish I could take you with me on my mission and I would have you say "I want you to be baptized" and then they will, cause they can't say no to you. ;) I love you lele I will be a good missionary, only because you told me so.
Love,
Coco
Brampton

Zone Football

 Sister Sprickerhoof and Fam

Office

 Bowling

After tracking in the pouring rain Haha!

Posted by the mission Pres. "Happy Day after Canada Thanskgiving Day! We had Weston and Brampton Zones over for our second annual Turkey Bowl! Great fun to see their enthusiastic play!"
Can you see Elder Beddes???


No comments:

Post a Comment