Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life. -3 Nephi 5:13

Monday, October 26, 2015

October 26, 2015 God Loves Everyone

Hello Family,
This week has been a good week!! I usually write on a piece of paper the highlights of week and then bring it to the library so I know what to say but I forgot it!! So bare with me! The highlight of my week has been Charles Moody! He was the returning member we took to the temple last saturday! It was such a great experience! Charles Moody got baptized in 1999. And it's been sixteen years till last saturday he recieved his own endowment! What a glorious memory I will cherish for the rest of my life. He just needed a couple of missionaries to bring him up and to give him a little push and he was all for it! He was so ready to receive his endowment! I love him dearly, and my thoughts turned to my own endowment as I watched Charles at the temple! Brought me to tears as I pondered upon the time I was sitting in the Celestial Room with my mom and dad! I remember the spirit being felt so strongly. And though Charles Moody's parents weren't able to make it physically due to them passing away, they were for sure there spiritually. I could feel it, and that was the only thing that was on my mind while sitting with him in the Celestial Room. How great was my joy!!! This is why I'm out here, and why i'm a missionary!! haha well if you remember last week I was talking about an investigator that was at the library with us and he wouldn't stop talking. Well it turns out the people in his area were working with him, and he indeed less accountable. But one of the most spiritual experiences that I've had on my mission was here in this library with him. As we were walking away and as he followed and continued to talk to us, I had this impression to turn around and look at him. So I did so, and I could just tell that something was wrong. And as I was thinking that, he said, "Hey guys, is it ok if we can say a prayer real fast for me?" And I said of course, what's wrong? And with the conversation that we had with him before we left, we talked to him about the missionaries that he had met with and how there was someone there that he was scared of and that he didn't really like( I think it was a member that came with the missionaries), and he was really concerned that that same member would be there when the missionaries would come. So in the middle of the library, crowded library, the three of us stood and said a prayer for this humble Christlike guy, and as I closed the prayer and said Amen. I put my hands on the persons shoulders and said "Keron, there's nothing you need to be afraid of. You are a powerful son of God, and he loves you and cares about you. He wants you to pray to him and he wants to help you. Don't be afraid of anything." And he was astonished, it was as if he had no idea that things I was saying were true!! And he responded with a big grin on his face, "Really?? Thank you so much!!" And he was off! I know that the spirit was present in that public library, and that God loves everyone. Especially the little children and the less accountable ones cause they illuminate the love of God so strongly and they teach us all something important. We need to be like them! Humble, submissive, meek, and lowly in heart. I can't remember what scripture that comes from but I think it's in Matthew! :) Well I think Joe is missing in action. We went to bring him brownies and he wasn't home so we set them on the porch with a kind note saying how much we care about him and stuff. So we were expecting a text but we never got one. so we drove by to see if he got them, and they weren't there! So I think he got them. But we haven't recieved a text from him. So we texted him and he hasn't responded. This all happened in about two weeks and nothing has happened. So I don't know what the deal is with him. I'm quite sad about it, but we must move on. Patrick. I had a lot of time to ponder about his questions, and I feel to say that me and Elder Johnson know how to answer them. It's pretty much what you said Mom, which was amazing! Thanks for caring about the people I have been teaching! Pretty much the answer I could give him about the agency thing is that God may know what we are going to do and he may know what the map is for us all, but he didn't make that map. We made it ourselves. And it's up to us and our own choices to get to that buried treasure. He may know what we are going to do in the next five seconds but he has nothing to do with it. It's all us. So i'm grateful for the answer that I got, and it's another testament that prayer works!!! haha I love you guys so much!! B, I say go for it! Try out for the bball team. M, good job with basketball!! Don't be nervous, you play basketball to have fun! Keep practicing! My favorite pair of shoes are the slip on ones. They are the easiest to get on! haha and yes I will send the stamps to you. I'm glad that the ears are working! How is work? Are you overwhelmed? I know you and dad are busy so don't over do it. I will send a pic of me stretching dad hahah! It's not lookin so good, but I will be able to do it! I yes I think about the times that we spent togther all of the time. It's weird cause I get these random memories pop up in mind about the family and the past. It almost saddens me that we had such a great time, but they are happy thoughts too. It's weird to think that I'm grown up, but every one has to go through it. Dad if you could send me some of the experiences that you had on your mission and all the details in the mail that would be great! I want to know everything about it! Thanks so much for the letters and emails you guys send me!! I love them, I really do! I love you all. A, keep working hard! You are doing great! Mom, I love you so much. There isn't a day I don't think about you and the times that we had. One thing you guys ought to know is that a big chunk of the reason I'm out here is out of respect and honor for my family! It's hard, but once I think about the reasons I'm out here all of the negative thoughts go away! 
Love Elder Beddes 
Some of the excersises I've been doing are push ups sit ups, and jump roped. badminton and basketball too. I will do the scripture challenge too. I've been ponderizing a scripture every week! Also for Christmas, i could use a gps. For when I drive in the future! Thanks for all that you guys do! Thanks mom for the talks that you have been sending me! I absolutley love them!!!!! Keep sending the mail cause it makes my day happier and brighter!! I love you guys with all of my heart. I pray for you guys individually every day. Wish me luck this next week!!!
Happy Halloween!!!! Have fun!!!!!! B, I went tricker treating every year, you should do the same. ;) I love you guys so much, hopefully these last emails are up to your guys's satisfaction! If not let me know! oxxoxo
Badminton


 "Look familiar???" (Colten has his own huge collection of various soda pop bottles)



Charles M


"Doesn't the guy on the left look like an oompa loompa from the charlie and the chocolate factory? hahahahaha"
Me and Elder K

No comments:

Post a Comment