Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life. -3 Nephi 5:13

Monday, August 31, 2015

MTC August 31, 2015

August 31, 2015 (Email)

Dear Moma, 

I can't begin to tell you how much I love you and care about you! Thanks so much for thinking about me and sending me that great package! I sent a couple of letters to you so hopefully you get it! I have been having the most fun and spiritual time of my life. Going into the MTC I really didn't know what to expect but now that I've gotten into the rhythm of things it's like I have been doing it for a long time. There's a certain joy that you get when you feel and talk about the gospel for 16 hours a day! I have learned so much here and I can't even express to you how much I am feeling the spirit. My companions name is Elder Kohl, he's such a good guy! Tell grandma beddes that Dalton Kohl says hi and that he was one of her favorite students! He said that he would love to listen to her whistle because it was the most beautiful thing. We get along so well, we have become such great friends and feel like we have been friends for years. He struggles talking to investigators and seems like I pretty much do all of the talking. We have committed people to pray, read the scriptures, and ask if there is a Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ that love them and to see if this Gospel is true and its one of the best feelings I have ever felt to share with those who need it in their lives. I'm learning line upon line and precept upon precept, I don't know everything about the Gospel but I'm sure getting used to the feeling of the Spirit to help me teach. The food here is grand! I might get fat, but I have been doing my pushups and pullups so I sure hope it won't happen! I sure do miss you guys and pray for you constantly throughout the day. Waking up has been a little challenging but I'm starting to get used to it. I listened to a talk by elder bednar and it was so good!! It was on the Character of Christ and how we need to be less selfish and how we need to turn the natural man out instead of in. I'm doing laundry right now! My group is pretty different but we get along just fine! Theres something about how we can all combine our different personalities to one great one!! Lots of Classes! I have to leave the MTC at like 4:30 and our flight time is 8:30 and I will try to get a phone thingy. It's weird not working at Harmons and not having a phone and not working outside and hanging out with you guys and my good friends but I have the mind set towards the Lord and it all pretty much fades away. Thanks so much for the shoes!! Hahaa that was so funny! You guys are the best. How is grandpa berry doing? I sure hope he is doing alright, same with grandma. Tell them I love them dearly and pray for them oft. I love Dad and I think about you so much!! I can't tell you how much you have taught me in my life, and how much easier it is here at the MTC because you have prepared me right. Sure do miss you girls and hope you guys can keep sending me letters because I love them!! I'm stuggling with the pictures right now, some guy just told me to go to some other computers in another building to put pictures on so hopefully I can be able to do it. I bare witness to you guys that Joseph Smith was a prophet of God and he did so much to build this church up and did restore this Gospel. I know the Holy Ghost can do so much, more than we can ever comprehend and it baffles me everytime he's in our presence. I know this church is true, I wouldn't leave you guys for two years of life and go to some foreign country and maybe risk getting frost bite or something if I didn't think it was true. I can feel your guys's prayers and I thank you for it. 

Love,

Elder Beddes   


Hey I tried to upload the photo's onto these computers but the mtc doesn't allow a certain camera to be plugged in into the computer, idk kind of confusing. I tried the card thing and plugged it in and it wouldn't work and then I borrowed someones USB cable and it said that this device wasn't allowed so I don't know what to tell you. I've been taking great pictures and you are going to have to wait till I get to Canada. All I can tell you is that we are pretty dang good lookin and I've been getting an average of 10 comments a day on my ties. ;) haha I just played some basketball with a bunch of high school players and they were all really good, so it felt nice and took my mind off of all the stress. I broke so many ankles, it was so fun!! They are all nice too which makes it three times better! P day was amazing! Sunday and Monday are by far my favorite days! Well hope you guys are doing alright. I have a feeling I'm forgeting to say something and it will pop up later  but hopefully I said everything. Hopefully my emails were up to your standards momma. :) Jake seems to be enjoying his time!! Loved the pictures he sent! Love you guys with all my heart!
Elder Beddes


Thought that has impacted me most-

"In that regard, I pay a personal tribute to President Thomas Spencer Monson. I have been blessed by an association with this man for 47 years now, and the image of him I will cherish until I die is of him flying home from then–economically devastated East Germany in his house slippers because he had given away not only his second suit and his extra shirts but the very shoes from off his feet. “How beautiful upon the mountains [and shuffling through an air line terminal] are the feet of him that bringeth good tidings,that publisheth peace.” More than any man I know, President Monson has “done all he could” for the widow and the fatherless, the poor and the oppressed."
This brought me to tears, when I saw Elder Holland giving this talk "Are We Not All Beggars". Such a beautiful talk, we need to be more Christ Like and care about others and give service and be more charitable towards everyone. It my prayer that we may be like our Prophet Thomas S. Monson, and forget about ourselves, then we can literally see blessing being poured upon us. I can't wait to give all that I can to those in Toronto. I love you guys again, I can't say that enough. 

Elder Beddes

No comments:

Post a Comment